The older you get, the more you hear about high blood pressure and how it can ruin your life. Doctors and commercials on television both pointing you to medications dedicated to helping you with that endeavor.
But what if you did not want to go on medication for the rest of your life? Is there another way?
In this article, we will go through eight natural ways to effectively lower your blood pressure.
And you do not need a doctor’s permission for any of them.
- Salt is not your friend: My mother loves salt. She would pour a pile of it on her plate and use it as a dipping sauce. Disgusting. Some of you may find salt just as appealing. However, by reducing your intake of salt, your body will release some of the extra water its been holding on to because of the salt. This reduces the stress placed on the heart.
MORAL: Salt no more.
- Caffeine is not your friend: The more caffeine you ingest, the stiffer your large arteries become according to some studies. This stiffness promotes high blood pressure.
MORAL: If you have to have a coffee in the morning (like I do), make it a Decaf.
- Snoring is more than just a nuisance: If you snore, it could be a good indicator of Obstructive Sleep Apnea which is linked to high blood pressure as well as an elevated aldosterone hormone level.
MORAL: Get your sleep checked.
- Excessive Alcohol is not your friend: According to doctors, drinking more than two drinks of alcohol a day for men and one for women can raise your blood pressure.
MORAL: Choose not to Booze.
- Too much of a good (or bad depending on your perspective) is not a good thing: Working overtime excessively reduces your body’s chances to relax. It should be no mystery this is a great window for high blood pressure to sneak in on you.
MORAL: Work when you must, but always find time to rest.
- Fitness IS your friend: The key to a happy heart, as well as your blood pressure, is exercise. Take a 30-minute walk around your town and take in the sights. Take those yoga or swimming lessons that you always wanted.
MORAL: Exercise makes the body stay young.
- Tune out high blood pressure: According to a recent study from the University of Florence, music that is soothing can help your body relax and in turn lower your blood pressure.
MORAL: Find time for your favorite furniture, plug in some headphones, and unplug that high blood pressure.
- Potatoes anyone?: That’s right. You heard it here. Potatoes in your diet can actually reduce your blood pressure. Does ANY kind of potato do that? NOPE. Sorry French fry lovers. The only potatoes that will help you in reducing your high blood pressure are baked, grilled, boiled, or plain.
MORAL: Potatoes, used the right way, can help you with your high blood pressure.
This finishes the eight natural ways you can lower your blood pressure. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment below.
And as always: TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY AND IT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.