Suicide, by many, is considered to be taking “the coward’s way out”.
Yet, in our society, every one of us does it every day and will not see the results of it until years later.
How are we committing suicide every day?
To find the answer, one needs only to look at what is in front of him or her.
Below is a list of things associated with our lifestyle that is ironically leading to our deaths.
- Distractions: Not paying attention to the outside world will definitely kill you dead. Things like crossing a street without looking both ways, messing with an electrical appliance with wet hands, and even walking through town or an alleyway without paying attention, to what you are doing can be hazardous to your health…and your life.
- Smoking: For years, the Surgeon General has warned us about the dangers of smoking. Commercials on television warn us as well. Yet, smoking is still as much of a threat as it ever was. Smoking leads to a host of problems, such as heart diseases and cancers. Stop killing yourselves and stop smoking.
- Drinking alcohol: At first drinking was considered an acceptable social thing. Now, people drink so much and so often, that it has become an addiction. Drinking leads to many causes of death, which include cirrhosis of the liver, cardiovascular diseases such as stroke, not to mention the deaths it, causes both on and off the road. Step away from the bottle and live to tell the story.
- Medications: Believe it or not, the medicines that we take can kill us if we are not taking them as directed. Sleeping pills, if you overdose can have you fall asleep and not wake up. Some medications contain side effects that can kill you if you are not cautious. So, take your medications as directed, and if a problem arises, seek medical help immediately.
- Obesity: For a number of reasons, people gorge on food thinking that they are safe from harm. This train of thought is not only wrong, but dead wrong. As people engulf food at such a high rate, they are doing their bodies a disservice. This overeating leads to obesity and it is the cause of a host of health-related issues in itself such as high cholesterol, which leads to heart attacks, strokes, and even cancer. Instead of gorging, go out and exercise. Your body will thank you.
- Mental disorders: Now more than ever, people are standing up and taking notice that mental problems such as depression, if left undiagnosed, are killing people. If you suffer from any form of mental affliction, PLEASE do not go at it alone. Seek out professionals that can help you regain your life and overcome the trappings of the mind.
The dangers we do not see are oftentimes what ends up killing us. Be mindful of the world around you and if you see any of these things in your life, or the lives of the ones you love, you can change it now before it is too late.